Safeguarding Children and Young People
The emphasis of the course is based upon the recognition of abuse; encouraging the reporting of abuse to appropriate authorities and providing an overview of legislative requirements.
This excellent course is suitable for those who come into contact with children as part of their working role including volunteers (sports groups and clubs); teachers (including their assistants); nursery staff; child minders; foster carers; healthcare staff (including dental, primary care etc.) and administrative staff.
The course is designed around:
- Legislation and guidance from various departments of HM Government including Working Together to Safeguarding Children: a guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children;
- What to do if you are worried about a child being abused and;
- The All Wales Child Protection Protection Procedure documents.
The course covers:
- The role of safeguarding children and young people in England and Wales;
- The different types of abuse and how to recognise them;
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Legislation;
- The process for reporting suspected child abuse.
As a registered training facility Roughwood Consultancy is fully regulated with the Association of First Aiders (Aofa) to bring you this course.
Contact Us Now
Click here or fill in the form below.