IOSH Managing Safely
As a registered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) training facility, Roughwood Consultancy is fully regulated to bring you this prestigious course Managing Safely course.
The course will be tailored to your needs.
We also offer group courses at special group rates.
With our professionally trained safety practitioners and tutors you and your staff will have the confidence to deal with health and safety/risk management issues and develop skills.
Who should attend?
IOSH`s Managing Safely course is interactive and designed for supervisors and managers to give them all they need to know to help them on the practices of handling health and safety in their workplace. Business focused and delivered face-to-face over four days there are scenarios which managers can relate to.
What have others said about the course?
Comprising of eight modules over four days the course covers:
- Module 1: Introducing Managing Safely: The introduction to Managing Safely discusses Manager`s accountability;
- Module 2: Assessing risks: Demystifying risk and risk assessment and introduces a simple scoring system;
- Module 3: Controlling risks: Concentrates on the best techniques to control key risks and how to choose the right method;
- Module 4: Understanding your responsibilities: What the law demands and how the legal system works, introducing a health and safety management system;
- Module 5: Identifying hazards: All the main issues faced in the workplace;
- Module 6: Investigating accidents and incidents: This looks at why accidents should be investigated and covers why things go wrong and how to carry out the investigation;
- Module 7: Measuring performance: Learn how to develop basic performance indicators and get to grips with auditing along with proactive and reactive measuring;
- Module 8: Protect our environment: An introduction to waste and pollution and how managers can influence the reduction in environmental impacts.
Assessment and certification
Managers and supervisors are assessed by multi-choice assessments and on applying the principles in their own workplace via a project.
What`s at the end?
- A Nationally recognised and respected certificate
What others have said:
“All very relevant and inspires a lot of thoughts”, Deputy Care Home Manager.
“The trainer was very knowledgeable and kept the interest” Deputy Care Home Manager.
“It made me think about likely causes of risk in my work environment that I had not otherwise considered and which I will assess and action as soon as I get back…” Care Home Manager.
“Enjoyed all of it” Care Home Manager
Of those asked, 100% said they would recommend us!!!
Join us for our next course in Leyland, Lancashire in May.
Contact Us Now on 01772 437162 or via email by the link below to book your course .
Click here or fill in the form below.