How about a little something different for those half term holidays?
It is important that teenagers are equipped with the skills to keep themselves and each other safe. It is at this point that they are exerting their independence; are looking to push boundaries; will naturally take risks and are looking to take on additional responsibilities. It`s surprising what they come across in their lives…
Who should attend?
The course is particularly suitable for students starting: babysitting; sports leadership; Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme; World Challenge; Gap Year; Scouts, Guides; applying through UCAS or looking to study a science; childcare or sports related subject.
It is designed to teach them to keep safe and to help others in an emergency situation. Teenagers will learn what to do in an emergency; practise CPR skills and understand about treatment for common accidents and illnesses – with particular focus on the sort of accidents and emergencies relevant to teenagers.
First Aid for Teenagers can be taught as a group course in schools; youth clubs; with a group of friends or as a scheduled course for individuals. Alternatively our weekend scheduled courses are great for teenagers.
What you will learn?
We generally cover:
- Action at an emergency – priorities of treatment;
- Care of someone who is unconscious but breathing – Recovery position;
- Care of the someone who is not breathing – CPR;
- Management of someone with a possible spinal injury;
- Choking – theory and practical;
- What to put in your First Aid Kit and how to use it;
- Major and minor bleeds, embedded objects, grazes, amputated parts, knocked out teeth, objects in eyes, ears and nose, nose bleeds, bruising;
- Burns, scalds & electric shock;
- Anaphylaxis (allergic reaction and use of an Epipen);
- Head injury – concussion, compression & skull fracture;
- Breaks, sprains and dislocations;
- Treatment of all forms of shock;
- Treatment for medical conditions such as; fitting, asthma etc.
Approx. 3 hours – although longer and shorter courses can be organised
Assessment and certification
Continuous assessment by trainer. Certificate valid for 3 years
Contact Us Now
Click here or fill in the form below.